‘The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.’
– Sir Richard Burton
What is a bucket list?
Bucket Lists, simply, are a collection of aspirations, experiences or achievements. They have been combined in a list in the hope that they will be accomplished by the person who has put it together, within their lifetime. It allows the list maker to keep track of their goals, and partake in amazing experiences.
What can I put on my Bucket List?
Bucket Lists are individual, they are unique to the person creating them. They can include anything that relates to your interests; however if you are reading this, it’s likely that yours will be based around travelling!
These are the Top 10 Travel Bucket List items according to ‘Round the World Experts’ –
10. Cruise the Galapagos Islands
9. See the Taj Mahal, India
8. Cruise Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
7. See the Big Five in Kruger National Park, South Africa
6. See the sunrise at Angkor Wat, Cambodia
5.Ride the Rocky Mountaineer train, Canada
4.Cruise through New Zealand’s Fiordland
3. See elephants in the jungle in Thailand
2. Fly over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter, USA
1. Visit the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
What can I put on my Bucket List that doesn’t relate to Travelling?
Of course, your Bucket List doesn’t have to be just for travelling! There are many things that you can put on it- hobbies and actions for example, that are more adventurous than you feel comfortable doing. Or, even something that isn’t very adventurous, but that you need a bit of a ‘push’ to do.
Here are 10 Bucket List ideas, not relating to travelling –
2. Volunteer to protect an endangered species
3. Write a book
4. Learn to play an instrument
5. Get a tattoo
6. Start your own business
7. Go on an Archaeological Dig
8. Do an extreme driving experience
9. Learn a new skill
10. Face your greatest fear
What’s on your Bucket List?