CRUNCHY CHRISTMAS GRANOLA
There’s something about Christmas flavours, that makes me feel all warm and transports me to the Christmas season, back with all my friends and family – and we definitely need a bit of that this year! You can never go wrong with granola, but what’s really great, is how easy it is to personalise. Adding your preferred nuts and seeds, dried fruit, or even cacao powder to make a chocolate granola, the possibilities are endless!
Granola is something I always like to have in the cupboard, as it’s just such a great staple. Whether you have it with plant milk or yoghurt, fresh fruit, compote, or even adapt it into flapjack, there’s always a fulfilling breakfast to be had. With this recipe, there is the right amount of Christmas spice to sweetness, as well as giving a caramelised taste to the nuts – Enjoy!
Preparation : 10 minutes
Baking Time : 30 – 40 minutes
• 3 cups Oats
• 1/2 cup Nuts and/or Seeds
• 3/4 cup syrup (I used Maple Syrup)
• 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1/2 tbsp Mixed Spice
– Optional Additions –
• Dried Fruit
• Cacao Nibs / Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper
2. In a bowl, mix the oats, nuts and/or seeds (I used hazelnuts, almonds and linseed), syrup (I used maple syrup), melted coconut oil, cinnamon, mixed spice and any dried fruit or cacao nibs (if using chocolate chips, fold them in once the granola is baked and cooled).
3. Once combined, transfer the mix onto the lined baking tray and evenly spread to ensure the baking is even.
4. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, then move the granola around. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes, or if you prefer really crunchy granola, 20 minutes.
5. Once it’s been in the oven for 30 or 40 minutes, take it out and allow it to cool completely (it will harden as it cools). Make sure to store it in an airtight container!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •