FUDGY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
I will never say no to a chocolate cookie, but I will admit that I prefer the fudgy, gooey centres rather than crunchy cookies. So I’m really pleased to share my chocolate cookies with a fudgy, chocolatey centre!
Despite their look and the amount of sugar, these aren’t too sweet! I used dark chocolate so it didn’t add much additional sweetness (that way you can have more than one!).
Preparation : 30 minutes
Baking Time : 12 – 14 minutes
Makes : 26 – 30 cookies
• 200g Dairy-Free Chocolate (I used Dark Chocolate)
• 80g Dairy-Free Butter
• 50g Coconut Sugar
• 150g Brown Sugar
• 60g Icing Sugar
• 180g Plain Flour
• 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
• 6 tbsp Aquafaba
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 tsp Baking Power
• 1/2 tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160C fan and line a baking tray.
2. Fill a pan with water to between half and three-quarters full and boil the water. Place a bowl on top of the pan and melt the butter and chocolate together in this bowl (if using a metal bowl, use a towel or oven gloves when touching the bowl).
3. As the melted chocolate and butter cools to one side, mix the coconut sugar, brown sugar, flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
4. Once the chocolate and butter has cooled, in another bowl, whisk the aquafaba until it begins to get airy and then add the icing sugar (I use a standing mixer on a high speed with a whisk attachment). Continue to whisk for a couple of minutes, until the mixture begins to look like a meringue (it doesn’t need to form peaks, just slightly stiffen so it will hold the air).
5. Carefully fold the ‘meringue’ mix into the cooled chocolate and butter until combined. Then add the vanilla extract.
6. Slowly add in the dry mix, gently folding until it’s all combined. It doesn’t matter if the mixture loses its air through the mixing, as it will still hold the cookie mix together as it bakes.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 12 – 14 minutes.
8. When they’re taken out of the oven, take them off the tray and leave them to cool completely on a rack.
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •