CHOCOLATEY COCONUT CARAMEL POPCORN
For Christmas, one of my bestest friends gifted me some chocolate coconut popcorn (she knows me so well!) and I became slightly obsessed… I ate it all in one go! So I had to make some more!
I can say, that this will be a staple in my house now – it was enjoyed by everyone. This recipe is really easy, 100% vegan and delicious….it is chocolate caramel after all!
Preparation : 20 minutes
Setting Time : 5 – 10 minutes
Makes : 3 servings
• 1/3 cup Popcorn
• 1 tbsp Oil (for Popping Corn if using a pan)
• 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
• 1/3 cup Dairy-Free Butter
• 1/2 cup Chocolate
• 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1. In a pan or microwave, pop the popcorn and set it aside in a bowl.
2. In a pan, melt the coconut oil and sugar. Then add in the butter and chocolate and melt (the oil may separate from the sugar, but that’s fine!).
3. Pour the melted sugar mixture into the popcorn and quickly mix with a wooden spoon. The sugar mixture will begin to harden almost immediately after coming off the heat, but it will stay very hot for a while!
4. Once the sugar and popcorn has cooled, there may be some coconut oil in the bottom of the bowl. If there is, simply tip this away before it sets.
5. Store in an airtight container or glass jar.
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •