CHOCOLATE COATED COOKIE DOUGH BALLS
If just cookie dough isn’t enough, why not smother it in chocolate? When in doubt, add chocolate. That’s my motto!
Where can you go wrong with cookie dough balls, with a chocolate coating? These are easy, sweet and the best sneaky snack…… perfect!
Preparation : 30 – 40 minutes
Freezing Time : 1 hour
Makes : 15 – 20 balls
• 150g Dairy-Free Butter
• 150g Caster Sugar
• 75g Brown Sugar
• 220g Plain Four
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 5 – 10 tbsp Dairy-Free Milk (depending on preferred consistency)
• 100g Chocolate Chips
– For the Chocolate Coating –
• 80g Chocolate
• 40g Dairy-Free Butter
1. In a bowl or mixer, cream the butter and sugars together.
2. Then add the flour and vanilla extract, gently mixing until the flour starts to combine with the butter and sugar.
3. Continue mixing as you add the milk, adding 1 tbsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
4. When you’re happy with the consistency, add in the chocolate chips and mix until they’re evenly distributed.
5. Grab a small amount of cookie dough (or more if you want them larger) and roll into a ball. Place in the freezer for around 5 minutes, otherwise it will lose its shape when you coat it in chocolate!
6. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough and leave all the balls in the freezer for 5 minutes.
– For the Chocolate Layer –
1. Whilst the dough is freezing, melt the chocolate and butter in a pan.
2. Let it cool down a little before coating the cookie dough so you don’t burn your fingers (chocolate can hold its heat!)
3. Once cool enough, take the balls out of the freezer and coat them in the chocolate – I popped them in the pan and used a spoon to roll them about.
4. Once all the cookie dough balls (or as many balls as you’d like) are coated, place them back in the freezer so the chocolate can set (for at least an hour).
5. Enjoy them either straight from the freezer like ice cream, or once the chocolate has completely set, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •