PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Who can turn down a chocolate brownie, especially one with peanut butter both in it and drizzled on top? I definitely can’t!
These brownies are rich and chocolatey, but the maple syrup and peanut butter ‘sauce’ on top, adds the right amount of sweetness. I have always made chocolate brownies, but never with peanut butter. I don’t know what was stopping me, but I can say I will be making these from now on!
Preparation : 20 minutes
Baking Time : 20 – 30 minutes
• 110g Aquafaba
• 100g Caster Sugar
• 30g Coconut Sugar
• 130g Plain Flour
• 60g Dairy-Free Butter
• 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
• 120g Chocolate, melted
• 20g Cacao Powder
• 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 80g Chocolate Chunks
– For the ‘Sauce’ –
• 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
• 6 tbsp Maple Syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 160C fan and line a square tin with baking parchment.
2. In a pan, melt the chocolate, butter and peanut butter and leave to one side.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the aquafaba until it starts to froth, for around 5 minutes (I use a standing mixer on a high speed with a whisk attachment).
4. Continue to whisk as you add the caster sugar, a little at a time and mix until the mixture becomes thick and glossy.
5. Carefully pour in the melted chocolate mixture and combine.
6. Once the wet mixture is combined, add in the coconut sugar, plain flour, cacao powder and baking powder, mixing well.
7. Finally add the chocolate chunks and spread them as evenly as possible.
8. Pour the brownie mixture into your lined tin and place any additional chocolate on top (optional). Place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes depending on your level of preferred gooeyness!
9. Once baked, leave it to cool completely before taking it out of the tin.
– For the ‘Sauce’ –
1. In a pan, melt the maple syrup and butter.
2. Once cooled, drizzle it over your brownies for some added sweetness and enjoy!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •