Peanut Butter & Chocolate Brownies
Who can turn down a chocolate brownie, especially one with peanut butter throughout and chocolate sauce drizzled on top? I definitely can’t!
These brownies are rich and chocolatey as they are, but the chocolate sauce drizzled on top is just too good. I have always made chocolate brownies, but never with peanut butter. I don’t know what was stopping me, but I can say I will always be making these from now on!
Preparation : 30 minutes
Baking Time : 20 – 30 minutes
• 110g Aquafaba
• 100g Caster Sugar
• 30g Coconut Sugar
• 130g Plain Flour
• 60g Dairy-Free Butter
• 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
• 120g Chocolate, melted
• 20g Cacao Powder
• 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 80g Chocolate Chunks
– For the Top –
• 160g Additional Peanut Butter
• 20g Chocolate Chunks
• Vegan Chocolate Sauce to drizzle on top
1. Preheat the oven to 160C fan and line a square tin with baking parchment.
2. In a pan, melt the chocolate, butter and peanut butter and leave to one side.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the aquafaba until it starts to froth, for around 5 minutes (I use a standing mixer on a high speed with a whisk attachment).
4. Continue to whisk as you add the caster sugar, a little at a time and mix until the mixture becomes thick and glossy.
5. Add in the coconut sugar, plain flour, cacao powder and baking powder, mixing well.
6. Once the dry ingredients are combined, carefully pour in the melted chocolate mixture and combine.
7. Finally add the chocolate chunks and spread them as evenly as possible.
8. Pour the brownie mixture into your lined tin and pour the peanut butter over the top (heat it up a little to soften it), then swirl it gently into the brownie mixture. Add the final chocolate chunks and place in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes, depending on your level of preferred gooeyness!
9. Once baked, leave it to cool completely before taking it out of the tin and enjoy!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •