CHOCOLATE AND RASPBERRY BROWNIE FUDGE
We know and love fudgy brownies, but what about brownie fudge?
This fudge is made from the same mix used for ordinary brownies but with a difference! The time it takes to make it! (For my ordinary brownies, here’s the recipe!) These have raspberries throughout, with freeze dried raspberries on top, giving us both sharp and sweet in one bite.
Easy, delicious and chocolatey… do we need anything more from them?
Preparation : 35 – 40 minutes
Baking Time : 20 minutes
• 220g Aquafaba
• 200g Caster Sugar
• 60g Coconut Sugar
• 260g Plain Flour
• 120g Dairy-Free Butter
• 2400g Chocolate, melted
• 40g Cacao Powder
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 75g of Raspberries (I used Frozen)
• Freeze Dried Raspberry Pieces
• Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder
1. Line a square tin with baking parchment.
2. In a pan, melt the chocolate and butter, then leave to one side.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the aquafaba until it starts to froth, for around 5 minutes (I use a standing mixer on a high speed with a whisk attachment).
4. Continue to whisk as you add the caster sugar, a little at a time and mix until the mixture becomes thick and glossy.
5. Carefully pour in the melted chocolate mixture and combine.
6. Once the wet mixture is combined, add in the coconut sugar, plain flour, cacao powder and baking powder, mixing well.
7. Finally add 50g of the raspberries and mix, spreading them as evenly as possible.
8. Leave the mixture for 15 – 20 minutes. It will stiffen and become quite thick. During this time, cut up the remaining 25g of raspberries and preheat the oven to 160C fan.
9. Once the mixture has stiffened, spread it around in your lined tin, pressing it together and sprinkle the remaining raspberries on the top.
10. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
11. Once out of the oven, leave it to cool completely before cutting (you can place it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, to help it set). Once cut, dust with freeze dried raspberry powder and freeze dried raspberry pieces.
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •