PUFFED OAT BREAKFAST BARS
These breakfast bars are perfect for starting the day – jam packed full of flavour, protein and slow release energy!
They are also customisable, by adding your preferred nuts and seeds, or even dried fruit if you like. These breakfast bars are quick, simple, delicious and the perfect breakfast!
Preparation : 15 minutes
Setting Time : 4 hours or Overnight
• 80g Puffed Oats
• 120g Nuts and Seeds (I used Pumpkin, Chia and Flaxseed)
• 100g Peanut Butter
• 150g Tahini
• 150g Syrup (I used Maple Syrup)
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Maca Powder
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 50g Chocolate, melted
• 20g Dairy-Free Butter
1. Line or grease a square tin with baking parchment.
2. In a bowl mix the puffed oats, nuts and seeds of your choice, cinnamon and Maca powder.
3. In a pan, melt the peanut butter, tahini, syrup and vanilla extract.
4. Once melted, pour over the dry ingredients and mix until the puffed oats, nuts and seeds are coated.
5. Transfer the mix into your prepared tin and press firmly together.
6. In a pan, melt the chocolate and dairy-free butter. Once melted, drip the mixture over the puffed oat mixture in the tin.
7. Place the tin into the fridge for 4 hours to allow the bars to set, or leave it overnight.
8. Once set, carefully remove form the tin and cut into your preferred size.
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •