Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are crunchy on the outside, but deliciously gooey on the inside! Fresh from the oven, warm with melted chocolate throughout, is the best way to enjoy these… well is there any other way?
I’ve used a combination of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks, to achieve different levels of melted chocolate and when the cookies are warm, this is perfect with the gooey centre. With the cookies being quite thick, even once cool and they’ve hardened, the very centre is still a little gooey… which for me is the best part about a cookie!
Preparation : 10 minutes (with additional 1 hour to rest)
Baking Time : 12 – 14 minutes
Makes : 14 – 16 cookies
• 300g Plain Flour
• 110g Dairy-Free Butter
• 175g Caster Sugar
• 75g Brown Sugar
• 65g Dairy-Free Milk
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 200g Chocolate Chips
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together, then add the milk and vanilla extract, mixing until combined.
3. Add the flour and baking powder, then mix until it is all combined and has formed a batter.
4. Then gently fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed.
5. Spoon around 1 – 1.5 tablespoons on mixture into a ball and place on the lined baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, leaving a couple of cm in-between the dough, as they will spread a little in the oven!
6. Leave the dough to rest at room temperature for around an hour on the tray before placing in the oven.
7. Once rested, preheat the oven to 180C fan. When the oven is to temperature, bake the cookies for 12 – 14 minutes, then leave them to harden for a couple of minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a rack.
8. Enjoy warm from the oven, or store them in an airtight container for up to a week!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •