Creamy Leftover Curry
I don’t know about you, but often there are lots of odd pieces of veg left in my fridge… a quarter head of cauliflower or a handful of mushrooms. Not enough to be served as a meal on their own, but perfect to be added to a curry!
This curry is always different, depending on what is in the fridge, but the tomato and coconut sauce is always our go-to. Creamy, rich and full of flavour, it’s perfect with whatever veg you want to add for this quick and easy curry!
If you like to meal prep or just have back-up meals to hand, before you add the veg, portion off some sauce into a jar and pop it in the fridge or freezer for later on.
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 – 25 minutes
Makes : 6 – 8 servings
– For the Curry –
• 2 Tins (800g) Chopped Tomatoes
• 2 Tins (800g) Coconut Milk
• 1 Onion
• 4 Cloves Garlic
• 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
• 2 tbsp Curry Powder (whichever you prefer)
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Cumin
• 2 tbsp Cornstarch (in 2 tbsp Water)
• 400g Mushrooms
• 1/2 Head of Broccoli
• 1/4 Head of a Large Cauliflower
– To Serve –
• Naan Bread (Recipe Here!)
– For the Curry –
1. Heat some oil in a pan and sauté the onions. Then add the garlic, continuing to sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garam masala, curry powder, cinnamon and cumin. Stir the spices with the onion and garlic and once they are coated in the spices, add the tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir to combine and leave the sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Whilst the sauce is simmering, chop up the veg that you are using – I used mushrooms, broccoli and cauliflower. Place in a pan and slightly fry to remove any excess water from the mushrooms and to soften the cauliflower. For added flavour, add a little oil and curry powder into the pan with the veg.
4. After 10 minutes, take the curry sauce off the heat and use an immersion blender to smoothen the sauce. Once smooth, return the sauce to the heat to thicken and add the cornstarch (mix the cornstarch and water, then pour that into the sauce).
5. Once the sauce is the desired thickness, add the veg and stir to combine.
6. Serve with rice and naan bread and enjoy!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •