Chunky Chocolate and Nut Cookies
I’m all for a chocolate cookie, but isn’t it great when they actually give you a healthy boost?
These cookies are gooey in the centre with chocolate chips throughout, but have the added benefits of nuts! Walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts are full of goodness and in every bite of these cookies. I can’t think of a better way to get a boost from the nuts, then when they’re covered in chocolate… what about you?
Preparation : 10 minutes (with additional 1 hour to rest)
Baking Time : 12 – 14 minutes
Makes : 14 – 16 cookies
• 260g Plain Flour
• 40g Cocoa Powder
• 110g Dairy-Free Butter
• 175g Caster Sugar
• 75g Brown Sugar
• 75g Dairy-Free Milk
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 160g Chocolate Chips and Nut Combination (I used Pecan, Walnut and Hazelnuts)
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together, then add the milk and mix until combined.
3. Add the flour, cacao powder and baking powder, then mix until it is all combined and has formed a batter.
4. Then gently fold in the chocolate chips and nuts until they are evenly distributed.
5. Spoon around 1 – 1.5 tablespoons on mixture into a ball and place on the lined baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, leaving a couple of cm in-between the dough, as they will spread a little in the oven!
6. Leave the dough to rest at room temperature for around an hour on the tray before placing in the oven.
7. Once rested, preheat the oven to 180C fan. When the oven is to temperature, bake the cookies for 12 – 14 minutes, then leave them to harden for a couple of minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a rack.
8. Enjoy warm from the oven, or store them in an airtight container for up to a week!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •