Creamy Mushroom Pasta
If there’s one thing I really love, it’s mushrooms. I mean, I did dedicate a whole blog to them after all!
Can you really go wrong when combing mushrooms, cream and pasta? I don’t think so. This is such a hearty meal, full of flavour and super easy to make.
I’ve added sun-dried tomatoes and sliced Cavolo Nero, but mushrooms alone is also delicious. By frying the veg off before combing with the sauce, the flavours are released and they carry through the sauce when it’s all combined. I made my own garlic butter for the sauce, combining melted butter with some minced garlic – the amount of garlic depends on how ‘garlicy’ you would like the sauce to be (I used 4 cloves).
This is such an easy meal to make and guaranteed to be a hit…. it does have cream in it after all!
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Makes : 4 – 6 servings
• 1 kg Mushrooms, sliced however you prefer (they reduce down a lot once cooked)
• 500g Pasta
• 60g Garlic Butter
• 200g Cashew Cream (Homemade Recipe coming soon)
• 1 tbsp Tahini
• 1/2 tsp Oregano
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
• 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
• 100g Cavolo Nero (around 6 handfuls once sliced)
• 30g Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Sliced
1. In a pan, heat a small amount of oil. Once heated add in your mushrooms and Cavolo Nero. Fry until the majority of the water has cooked out of both the mushrooms and Cavolo Nero (if there is still water in the pan after they are cooked off, drain it away).
2. Cook your pasta per the packet instructions (drain the water once cooked).
3. Whilst the pasta is cooking, combine the garlic butter, cashew cream, tahini, oregano, black pepper and nutritional yeast in a pan. Mix until they are combined and heat through.
4. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, pour the sauce over the pasta and add in your mushrooms, Cavolo Nero and sun-dried tomatoes. Mix until they are all coated in the sauce and enjoy!
5. To store, seal in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •