Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Better late than never to join the banana bread trend right? You can’t go wrong with a bit of peanut butter, so why not combine the two?
Peanut butter and banana are a heavenly match, so what better than adding cinnamon and combining it all into a bread? This bread carries the flavour of banana, peanut butter and cinnamon in every bite and can be served with cream for added flare.
I used chunky peanut butter for added texture in my loaf, but if you would rather not have small peanut chunks, go for a smooth peanut butter. The flax eggs in this recipe, binds the mixture together like regular eggs. The flax eggs are really simple to make – for one, just combine 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp warm water, beat them together and leave aside for 5 minutes. The resulting ‘egg’ will be quite thick and tacky.
This really is a ‘chuck it all in one bowl’ kind of bake and let’s be honest, those are the best kinds!
Preparation : 15 minutes
Baking Time : 60 – 65 minutes
• 4 Bananas
• 180g Plain Flour
• 70g Dairy-Free Butter
• 120g Dairy-Free Milk
• 1 Flax Egg
• 150g Caster Sugar
• 50g Coconut Sugar
• 110g Peanut Butter
• 2 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 160C fan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the banana and add the melted butter, flax egg, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
3. Add the sugar, mixing until combined, followed by the peanut butter. Mix until the peanut butter is smooth within the mixture.
4. Finally add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, mixing well until the mixture is smooth.
5. Transfer the mixture into the loaf tin and gently knock on your worktop to remove any air bubbles.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 60 – 65 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the loaf.
7. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly before cutting and enjoy warm!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •