Creamy Tomato Pasta
Do you want a quick pasta recipe that’s full of flavour and goodness? Then this is the recipe for you!
Sometimes all you need is a nice and simple pasta meal that’s quick to make and full of goodness… perfect for when there’s not much time to cook a meal. What’s better than a bowl of pasta in a creamy tomato sauce, that can use up whatever veg you have lying around, without feeling like you’re using whatever’s in the back of your fridge?
This is a perfect, ‘throw it together’ meal for busy evenings and weekly lunches.
Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Makes : 4 – 6 servings
• 375g Pasta
• 400g Chopped Tomatoes
• 150g Cashew Cream (Recipe Coming Soon)
• 1 Red Pepper, diced (around 210g)
• 250g Mushrooms, diced
• 1 Onion
• Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
1. In a pan, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
2. Finely dice the onion, pepper and mushrooms, then fry in some heated oil until softened, for around 5 minutes.
3. Once softened, add the chopped tomato and cashew cream, mixing until the veg is covered in the sauce. Then leave on a medium heat for another 5 minutes.
4. When cooked, drain your pasta and add it in with the sauce and veg.
5. Take it off the heat and stir in the pasta and sliced tomatoes, then serve!
6. To store, place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •