Flakey Filo Pizza
Fancy a pizza but want something a little different than usual? Why not give this a try…
We are big pizza fans in my house, but sometimes it’s nice to try something a little different. After seeing that the Jus-Roll Filo Pastry Sheets are suitable for vegans, I had to use them… and what better than a pizza? With a thin base, you eliminate the ‘stodgy’ middle that you sometimes get, with the addition of crispy ‘crusts’.
This pizza is the best of both worlds and really easy to make!
Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 34 – 36 minutes
Makes : 2 Pizzas
• 7 Filo Pastry Sheets (I used Jus-Roll)
• 80g Dairy-Free Butter
• Your Preferred Sauce (Mine is Tomato)
• Any Toppings you’d Like!
1. Preheat your oven to 160C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Melt your butter over a low heat whilst you, on a floured surface, lay out your filo pastry sheets (all on top of each other like a pile). Cut them in half so you end up with two square stacks of pastry.
3. Place the first sheet on your lined baking tray and cover the top with a thin layer of melted butter. Place another sheet on top and cover that sheet with a thin layer of butter. Repeat until all 7 sheets are layered, covering the top layer with butter, then repeat with the second stack of sheets for the second pizza.
4. Fold in the sides of the pizzas to create a crust, as much as you’d like for the thickness of crust you prefer. Brush the crust with the remaining butter to help it stick and pinch the crust to the base.
5. Once layered and your crust is made, place all your sauce and toppings on top like you would a normal pizza.
6. Place in the oven for 34 – 36 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
7. Enjoy fresh from the oven, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for two days!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •