Tangy Oven Roasted Asparagus
This is such simple side or starter, that takes hardly any time but doesn’t compromise at all on the flavour!
Asparagus stands alone without any sauce, especially when it’s roasted. But that being said, Za’atar has a tangy, nutty and lemony flavour all at once, which is a perfect addition for asparagus. If you dip or pour it over, this is a snack that you can’t get enough of.
Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 – 12 minutes
• 250g Asparagus
• 130g Cashew Cream (Recipe Coming Soon) or your preferred Unsweetened Vegan Cream
• 2 – 4 tsp Za’atar Spice
1. Preheat your oven to 180C fan.
2. Snap the ends off your asparagus (if you gently pinch the two ends and slightly bend, a small portion of the bottom may snap off). Place the asparagus in a baking tray with a small amount of oil, rolling the asparagus until its all covered.
3. Roast in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes, or until they start to brown.
4. Whilst the asparagus is in the oven, combine your cream and za’atar, mixing well. If you’d like it thicker, heat on a low heat for 2 minutes.
5. Once the asparagus is cooked, drizzle the sauce over the top, or pour it in a bowl to serve alongside and enjoy!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •