Healthy Crunchy Granola
I’m a big fan of granola, especially when it’s homemade! There’s just so much you can add, that it can be different every time – you’re guaranteed to find flavours that you like.
For me, a nutty granola is the best of the best… it just feels healthy! I find that it’s perfect served in a yoghurt pot (I have a recipe here) with fresh fruit… you can practically feel all the goodness. Whats’s great, is you can add as many additional nuts and seeds as you’d like, or swap out some that I’ve used if they’re not to your preference. Granola really is such an easy breakfast to make!
Preparation : 10 minutes
Baking Time : 25 – 30 minutes
• 330g Oats
• 220g Syrup (Agave or Maple)
• 60g Coconut Oil, melted
• 50g Almonds
• 50g Walnuts
• 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
• 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
• 2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
• 1 tbsp Maca
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the oats, almonds, walnuts (chopped into smaller pieces), sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, Maca, syrup and melted coconut oil, until combined.
3. Once combined, transfer the mix onto the lined baking tray and evenly spread to ensure the baking is even.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, then move the granola around and place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
5. Once baked, take it out and allow it to cool completely (it will harden as it cools). Make sure to store it in an airtight container!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •