Curried Red Pepper Tagliatelle
I’m loving few-ingredient, simple recipes at the moment and this one is up there with my favourites!
Creamy, vibrant and full of flavour, this sauce is lovely on its own or with extra veg turned through. The sweetness from the pepper and spice from the curry flavouring are a match made in heaven. With only a 30 minute cooking time, or less if you use jarred roasted red peppers, it’s a perfect mid-week meal.
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 4 servings
• 4 Red Peppers (around 550g)
• 100g Dairy Free Cream (I used Cashew)
• 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 1 tsp Curry Powder
• 1/2 tsp Paprika
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• 400g Tagliatelle (or how much you’d prefer)
1. Preheat your oven to 200C fan and cut your peppers into quarters, making sure to remove the seeds from the centre. Lightly oil the peppers and place on a baking tray, then roast for 20 – 25 minutes until soft and the skins start to darken.
2. In a pan cook your tagliatelle as per the packet instructions (so the tagliatelle will be ready around the same time the peppers are coming out of the oven).
3. Place your pepper in a high powered blender (I use a NutriBullet) with the cream, garlic, curry powder, paprika and turmeric – blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Once the tagliatelle is cooked and drained, transfer your sauce to into the pan with the tagliatelle and gently stir until all the pasta is coated. Leave on a medium-low heat, stirring regularly to stop it sticking, until the sauce is hot – around 5 minutes.
5. Once the sauce is hot, serve with some spring onion and enjoy!
• If you make this, tag me on Instagram @caelifestyle or use the hashtag #caebakes • Disclaimer •